50 Hour Yin Yoga TTC
Start to uncover the power of a slow and mindful practice in our short but comprehensive yin yoga course. In this fast paced world we don’t often take time to truly slow down and journey deep into our selves. Yin yoga promotes slow, careful and conscious relaxation of the body, in order to find balance. Long, static holds in postures help to put healthy stress on the joints, increasing their range of motion while accessing deep layers of connective tissue and fascia in the body. Feel light and free in your body and harmonious in your mind. With so many of us living ‘yang’ lifestyles, it’s time to let a little yin in!
Who can join?
This program is open to anyone with a genuine interest and desire to learn more about this fascinating branch of yoga. Because of the gentle nature of the practice, you don’t need any prior yoga experience. It may be helpful if you have already completed another teacher training, but it is by no means a requirement.
- Daily pranayama/meditation practice
- 2 asana classes per day (yin and gentle hatha)
- Introduction to yin and the history of yin yoga
- Yin from a Daoist, Yogic and Western point of view
- Western anatomy including joints, connective tissues, fascia and myofascia, and it’s relevance to the yin yoga practice
- Eastern anatomy from both a Traditional Chinese Medicine view (meridians) and an Indian view (the chakra system)
- Daily teaching practice and discussions on sequencing and assists
- In depth study of the 24 yin asanas, plus extras
- Optional extra activities include: yoga nidra, partner relaxation workshop, alternative meditations
Classes run from 06:30am to about 17:30pm daily. Your time will be spent between asana, theoretical and practical classes. Please note that this is a sample schedule and timings are subject to change.
|06:30am – 07:30am||Meditation/Pranayama|
|07:30am – 09:00am||Yin Yoga|
|09:00am – 10:00am||Breakfast|
|10:00am – 12:00pm||Theory (philosophy/anatomy)|
|12:00pm – 13:00pm||Lunch|
|13:00pm – 14:30pm||Art of Teaching|
|14:30pm – 16:00pm||Free Time|
|16:00pm – 17:30pm||Hatha Yoga/Restorative Yoga/Slow Flow|
|19:00pm – 20:00pm||Dinner|
Accommodation and Food
We know that your teacher training can be an intense time, so we aim to make sure your stay with us is as comfortable and carefree as possible. Rooms are clean, cozy and safe with all the basic amenities. You can choose to share a room with one other person, or take a room for yourself.
We provide you with 3 tasty, wholesome and balanced vegetarian meals a day. Lots of yoga requires lots of sustenance, so we strongly encourage you to enjoy all of our delicious curries, salads and soups, alongside plenty of fresh fruits, juices and hot drinks.
For more information regarding this or any other course, please feel free to contact us and we’ll do our best to assist you!
For more information on what’s included in the cost of each course, please go to course packages.
50 Hour Yin Yoga TTC Course Dates 2019
50 Hour courses will start EVERY MONDAY, running for 6 full days (finishing on the Saturday afternoon). For availability and booking please get in touch.Contact Us